2022 Porsche Marque of the Year
The 40th Annual Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is the nation’s largest vintage street race. The 10-day event includes races, car shows, and parties. The schedule below has details and links for Porsche events featured throughout the PVGP Race Week. We are excited to welcome everyone to Pittsburgh this summer!
PVGP Race Week Porsche Events
Sunday, July 10 – Kick-Off Rallye
– A countryside tour and a scavenger hunt rolled into one – a casual and fun event with no experience required.
– Starting and ending at Dual Devils Garage in Houston.
– Your $80 entry includes participation in the Rallye and Cookout meal for the driver and navigator.
– Special Porsche group and prize for the highest finishing Porsche.
Friday, July 15 – Blacktie & Tailpipes Gala
– Formal party at the Grand Concourse Restaurant at Station Square in Pittsburgh.
– We are planning a very special display of Porsches parked outside the restaurant.
– Tickets are $295 per person with Open Bar Cocktail Hour.
July 15-17 – PVGP Historics at Pitt Race
– Experience the heart-pounding thunder of the PVGP Historics at Pittsburgh International Race Complex in Beaver County.
– Visit the paddock and meet Porsche racers up close.
– Vintage 356, 911 and 914 Porsches will race in the Medium and Large Bore Groups all weekend. Race Schedule
– Late model GT3 Porsches will race in the “Modern Historic” Group all weekend. Race Schedule
– Admission is $20 per day, children 12 and under are free. Hours are 9 AM – 5 PM.
– Catch a Charity Ride of the track as a passenger in a vintage car at lunchtime on the weekend for $50/lap.
– There’s lots to do at Pittsburgh International Race Complex
July 16 – PHAT Saturday at the PVGP Historics – Hosted by ARPCA
– PittRace Historics And Tailgate, join the ARPCA Tailgate Party on Spectator Hill
– Featuring a catered lunch, dining tents, and soft drinks. $30 Register through the ARPCA.
– $30 per person covers does not include gate entry or VIP Parking for your Porsche
– $20 per car per day payable at the gate. Children 12 and under are free.
– Mingle amongst the cars and drivers in the expansive paddock and watch the vintage races from multiple venues.
Monday, July 18 – Walnut Street Invitational Car Show
– This is an invitational Car Show in Shadyside with 125 cars.
– There will be a special display Porsches by invitation only done through the Porsche Club.
– Show is free for spectators to attend and runs from 5-9 PM.
Tuesday, July 19 – Waterfront Car Cruise
– This is open to the public car cruise at the Waterfront Shopping Center in Homestead.
– All Porsches will be parked in the feature area of the Cruise.
– $10 donation to be in the show that features 750 cars of all types.
Wednesday, July 20 – Tune-Up at the SouthSide Works
– This is a car-themed party from 5-9 PM in the SouthSide Works.
– Cars of all years and models are encouraged.
– Featured area for Porsches to display.
– Cost is $40 per car and includes two drinks.
Thursday, July 21 – Countryside Tour
Thursday, July 21 – Passport to Elegance Jet Center Party
– An exclusive Hangar Party at the Pittsburgh-Butler Regional Airport from 6:30-11 PM.
– $375 per person includes premium appetizers and open bar.
– Special display of Porsches attending the event.
– Charity auction.
Friday, July 22 – Porsche Club Kick-Off Party & Driving Tour
– The ARPCA Driving Tour will start from the Willow Restaurant and depart for a Tour.
– Mandatory Driver’s meeting starts at 12:45 p.m. First car off at 1:00 p.m.
– Come early and meet for lunch! $25 per vehicle.
– Welcome & Kick-Off Party at Willow Restaurant. Festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. with Porsche Show in parking lot.
– Courtyard reserved for Porsche Club Members.
– Register for Tour and Welcome Dinner now on MSR thru the Porsche Club.
July 23/24 – International Car Show at Schenley Park
The Porsche Club Marque of the Year Car Show is sold out and registration is closed but you can still put your Porsche in the PVGP International Car Show at Schenley Park. There will be a display area along Schenley Drive near Vendor Village for all late registering Porsches. This does not include lunch, drinks or entry into the ARPCA Hospitality Tent. But it does include a weekend parking spot, a race program and decal for $40. You can also participate in Opening Ceremony Lap of the track on Sunday at 11:00 am for an additional $40.
– Be a part of the 3,000 vehicle International Car Show on the Bob O’Connor Golf Course at Schenley Park
– Participants receive commemorative PVGP Race Program, decal and special parking for the weekend.
– Watch vintage races through the streets of Schenley Park.
– Browse the car show, see British Car Day, Cars N Coffee and visit sponsor and vendor tents.
– Enter through Gate C along Schenley Drive.
– Register for the International Car Show HERE
– Register for the Sunday Opening Ceremony Lap HERE