Shelby at PVGP & Pitt Race
SAAC-48 & Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals at Pittsburgh International Race Complex during the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Historic Races
July 13-15, 2023
See the schedule below for a full listing of all Shelby related events at the 2023 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.
The Shelby American Automobile Club’s 48th Annual convention (SAAC-48) and Team Shelby Northeast Region return to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix with three full days of activities for Shelby enthusiasts Thursday, July 13, through Saturday, July 15. Shelby owners get open track sessions and parade laps on Thursday and Friday. There will be a Car Show and Concours Judging on Saturday.
Featuring TWO days of track at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex, a road tour that will include stops at renowned architectural sites in Southwestern Pennsylvania, Poker Run, hosted dinners on both Thursday and Friday nights, a car show at the track for vintage and new generation Shelby’s, and who knows what else we may have up our sleeves to celebrate Carroll’s 100th birthday, and the 10 year anniversary of The East Coast Grand Nationals!
There is a featured Shelby Race on the track Saturday afternoon that will include Cobras, GT350s and hopefully a few GT40s! This will be the most watched race of the weekend!
The Shelby Convention was here with the PVGP back in 2019 and it was a tremendous success. Mustang was honored as the Marque of the Year at Pitt Race and throughout PVGP Race Week.
Sunday, July 9 – Kick-Off Rallye
– A countryside tour and a scavenger hunt rolled into one – a casual and fun event with no experience required.
– Starting and ending at Dual Devils Garage in Houston.
– Your $80 entry includes participation in the Rallye and Cookout meal for the driver and navigator.
– Special Shelby group and prize for the highest finishing Shelby.
July 14-16 Weekend – Historics at Pitt Race
– Experience the heart-pounding thunder of the PVGP Historics at Pittsburgh International Race Complex in Beaver County.
– Visit the paddock and meet racers up close.
– Admission is $30 per day, children 12 and under are free. Hours are 9 AM – 5 PM.
– Catch a Charity Ride of the track as a passenger at lunchtime on the weekend for $50/lap.
– There’s lots to do at Pittsburgh International Race Complex
July 13-15 SAAC-48 & Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals at Pitt Race
If you have a Shelby and plan to participate in the SAAC-48 track events Thursday and Friday or the Shelby Car Show on Saturday.
Monday, July 17 – Walnut Street Invitational Car Show
– This is an invitational Car Show in Shadyside with 125 cars.
– There will be a special display of Shelbys by invitation.
– Show is free for spectators to attend and runs from 5-9 PM.
Tuesday, July 18 – Waterfront Car Cruise
– This is open to the public car cruise at the Waterfront Shopping Center in Homestead.
– All Shelbys will be parked in the featured area of the Cruise.
– $10 donation to be in the show that features 750 cars of all types.
Wednesday, July 19 – Tune-Up at the SouthSide Works
– This is a car-themed party from 5-9 PM in the SouthSide Works.
– Cars of all years and models are encouraged.
– Featured area for Shelbys to display.
– Cost is $50 per car and includes two drinks.
Thursday, July 20 – Countryside Tour
– This is a brisk romp through the countryside of western PA
– The tour departs from the Ramada Inn, in the lovely and historic town of Ligonier at 11:00 AM
– Tour stops at Jamison Farm, in Latrobe for a delicious lunch and refreshments.
– Open to all Shelbys on a first come first served basis.
Thursday, July 20 – Passport to Elegance Jet Center Party
July 22/23 – International Car Show in Schenley Park
Enjoy the entire weekend at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix overlooking the car shows on the Schenley Park Golf Course and the vintage races through the city streets.
$50 Entry includes:
- Weekend parking for your Shelby on the golf course
- Car decal and PVGP color race program
- Optional Parade lap of the track on Sunday at 11:00 am for $50.