Test & Tune Day
Thursday, July 14, 2022
The PVGP Test & Tune Day is designed for those seeking additional seat time for driver improvement, vehicle and chassis tuning, and for those who want more practice time on the Pitt Race circuit prior to our races. This program permits advanced passing rules in order to maximize the use of time spent on the track, and it is also a great opportunity to shake down or test your car.
You must be entered as a racer at PIRC that weekend or Schenley Park the next weekend to participate in the Test & Tune. A full day is the only option – no half day price is available.
Participants will be placed in run groups for the day and will be run as time certain and equipped with ALS, Tow, and Fire. All cars are expected to participate in spirit with vintage racing rules and PVGP has the right to reject any applicant for unsafe behavior.
The Test & Tune Day is a PVGP sponsored event. It is run under the control of the PVGP’s Chris Longo with proceeds going to our charities.
The cost to participate is $250 for the day. There are no half-day or single sessions options.
Wednesday, July 13
6:00 pm– 10:00 pm Gates Open for Racers
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Registration for Test & Tune participants only
Thursday, July 14
(Your run groups may change on Friday thru Sunday)
- Driving suit & safety equipment required for driver per applicable race event.
- Must have a race-prepared car conforming to the requirements of your sanctioning body.
- 18 years or older and valid Racing Competition License required per applicable race event.
- Muffled exhausts required (95 DbA limit or meeting the requirements set for the race event).
- Drivers are responsible for the preparation and safety of their cars in accordance with the competition rules for the applicable race event.