The PVGP looks forward to celebrating our 41st year by partying SouthSide Style for our annual Tune-Up as we prepare for the races and car show just a few days later.
The contribution is only $50 to put your vehicle in the Car Showcase. Pre-registered entries also receive two free drinks at one of several drink trucks within the show.
The Grand Prix’s Tune-Up Party has been a popular Race Week event since it was created back in 2006. It debuted at Bossa Nova downtown on 6th Street and grew so large that it spread across the river to the Roberto Clemente Bridge and PNC Park, then to Heinz Field. The party shifted gears and moved to the SouthSide Works in 2021 and it was a huge success. Hundreds of cars will gather for a fabulous car show including race cars, exotics, antiques and show cars for this exciting street festival in the streets surrounding SHOP 412 and the SouthSide Works Town Square.
Registration is now open. The show is limited so don’t delay.
Directions and Entry Information
- Please read all instructions below to ensure we can be as quick and efficient as possible! Thank you!
- We are very excited to return to the SouthSide Works for this special event. Welcome to the Tune-up!
- In an effort to simplify entry, please be prepared to show the QR code on your showclix receipt. This code is valid for your entry only and is non-transferable.
- Registrants should enter the event at Water / Tunnel streets by the Hot Metal Bridge and proceed to 28th street; exceptions noted below. Other streets will be blocked off at various locations and barriers will not be moved. Once at a designated entry, volunteers while happily direct you to a parking spot.
- Exception groups:
- Cars and Coffee Members should use the 26th Street and Tunnel Boulevard entrance ONLY
- These guidelines are in place for quick and efficient parking, please abide accordingly.
- Exception groups:
- Cars may begin arriving @ 5:00 & should be in place by 6:00 PM, please. Early arrivals will NOT be accommodated as we have a small window of time to block the streets and allow entry. We cannot have cars blocking the city streets prior to 5 pm.
- Once your car is in place, please proceed toward the Hofbrauhaus to retrieve your registration packet. The desk will be at 27th and Tunnel Street. Your packet will include your placard (if pre-registered) as well as the drink tickets for the number of people you indicated would be in your car at registration (2 per paid guest), as well as a commemorative 40th anniversary decal. The drink tickets are valid for “special PVGP drinks” at the drink trucks located throughout the area.
- To minimize on site transactions, there is no need to purchase additional drink tickets at the event. You can simply buy any additional beverages from the various drink trucks as described above.
The SouthSide Works is Pittsburgh’s premier city lifestyle center. Uniquely positioned on the Monongahela riverfront and nestled in Pittsburgh’s historic and bustling Southside neighborhood on the site of the former J&L Steel Works. Visit national retailers and convenient shops, grab a bite or go out for a night. SouthSide Works is also home to some of the country’s most notable companies and nonprofits and now, the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Tune-Up!
Shop412 was birthed in late 2007 with the aim to create a brand that celebrated Pittsburgh’s emerging generation of cultural creators and professional athletes – all inspired by the ‘Burgh’s proud blue-collar heritage. Pittsburgh native brothers and cofounders, Christian and Aaron Kinkela, thought that the best way to represent their hometown was to create a logo and brand steeped in the insight that “In Pittsburgh, Hometown is Hero.”
Over the past five years, Shop412 has produced product collaborations and engaged launch events for the Pirates, Penguins, Pitt and fantastic t-shirts for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix!
Shop412 is located at 420 S 27th Street in the SouthSide Works complex and is the headquarters for the PVGP Tune-Up Party. Many thanks to Christian and Aaron Kinkela.
Maralee Williams – Chair
Barb & Jerry Longstreth
Founders & Honorary Chairs
Dotti & John Bechtol
Rosemary & Joe Mendel
Join our team of Sponsors – 2023 Tune-Up Sponsorship PDF